Tuesday 25 March 2008

Video: The last day of Fallas 2008

IMG_9370_edited-1
The end of Fallas 2008

As promised, a short (seven-minute) video of our last few hours of Fallas 2008. A trip into the city in the afternoon to let off fireworks and again in the evening - this time to take a final look around a handful of the 700-odd Fallas around the city before the entire collection was burned to a cinder.

Simply click below to watch the video.

There's more video to follow in due course when I get a chance to edit it, including the burning of our 'own' Falla in Avenida de Francia, and the Semana Santa procession from Easter Sunday...



2 comments:

Terry said...

Wow - amazing stuff! I'm pleased to say that my asthmatic internet connection seems to have cleared its tubes for a bit, and I've just enjoyed all seven minutes of your last day of the Fallas video stutter free. Fab editing and I love the Xfiles subtitles! Plus those cool neck-scarves --the kids look like cub scouts working for their arsonist badges. I reckon you will all have to spend time in re-education camp when you get back -- you can be given an ASBO for chucking fireworks round here! What happens if it rains on St Joseph's Day by the way???

Brian Whitehead said...

As ever Terry, we continue to appreciate your close watch over our blogs! I really need to find more time to write - I have hours of video and thousands of photos now from the past few months. However, I'll have to watch the quality of my writing now that I have such well-read and literate readers! We're still awaiting the arrival of ASBOs from Blighty...